Monday, April 28, 2014

Jarrett Weekly Letter 4.27.2014

Whats up!!

Well its another week in the city! Freak it was the fastest week I have ever seen, I guess I am just loving the city way too much! I never want to leave this area!!

So I got my haircut this week; and my companion cut it for me!! It looks super sweet I like it! I did a little new hair style, it is were the sides are way short the top is long but I push everything to one side and then have it stand up I guess it is pretty chill. 

So the sisters had a baptism this week and that was way cool to go see, her name is Tomoka San. She is 14 years old and her father just recently got baptized so he performed the ordinance. It was super cool to see her so happy before and after the baptism and I could really tell that it brought the sisters a lot of joy! I was super happy for them! 

We had a ZTM this week and that was pretty good we had a guy from the Quorum of the 70 come and talk to us. His name was Brother Aoyagi, yes a Japanese man but a really nice guy. He taught us about the importance of having the spirit with us at all times because that is truly the thing that converts the kyudosha. It is so important for us to bring in the spirit with our investigators when we are teaching. 

Every Saturday night we have sports night and oh my goodness it is the greatest thing ever! So this last sports night there was quite a bit of people but there was 6 including me wanting to play basketball and all I got to say is that it was the greatest thing ever and I just freakin miss sports soo much! And I am not going to lie we played 2 on 2 me and my companion didn't lose a single game.... I still got game!

So dendo this week was really slow! I think we are going to try some new styles like go up to the college, morning dendo, and just other things like that because lately we haven't been able to find a lot of new investigators or anything. And so it totally stinks how we don't have anyone to teach and see them become closer to God; so we really got to start moving. My companion kinda likes the relax dendo (not really pushing yourself dendo) so that is kinda of hard but I just got to keep trying to push the both of us! 

Well I love you guys, thank you for all your prayers I really feel them!!

Love, Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment