I love getting packages and mail! Seriously it makes the weeks go by so fast! Yes! We need some more music! Hahaha yeah it could be! (re: Gen. Conf) I really enjoyed it a ton honestly but I really got the most by far out of the first session! I thought that he was probably somehow related to Todd because of the last name Zwick! It was really nice to be able to sleep in until 8:30ish on sunday and saturday because of conference though! :) haha that was a blessing for me! But we have learned a ton this week about letting the spirit teach! It was especially an amazing feeling when we were talking to one of our investigators who we found out smoked and drank but he was really really addicted to smoking. After we had just talked about letting the spirit teach and not us I really tried hard in that lesson with Adan to do all the things they told me to do like to start the lesson with prayer always, pray for your companion as they are speaking so they will say the right thing and have the spirit with them, to not look for what scripture or line in the preach my gospel we are going to respond with to the investigator but to really just listen to what they are saying, what the holy ghost is saying, and what your companion is saying. We also learned that 90% of feelings from the holy ghost will come in the form of a question you can ask your investigator. So after trying those things during this lesson with Adan it was the coolest experience ever! We had a member (another teacher) come in and help us explain the word of wisdom to Adan and it went amazing! Right as we walked in we introduced the member to Adan and Adan is a 23 year old with a 4 month old baby and he is looking for a job or else his dad is kicking him out of the house! so right as we walk in Adan said something about not having a job and the member said Hey i have a job for you! Adan was super pumped! It was super cool(even if he isn't a real investigator) to see his progress and how amazing this gospel and church is! So now with Adan having a job, we started to teach about the word of wisdom! We taught him a little bit about not smoking and drinking before and he didn't drink in 2 days since we taught him again so that was a win! But we got in there and started to teach him about how to better overcome smoking! And it was cool to apply what we learned in the lesson before because as I go back and think about that lesson, I don't think I personally moved my mouth once and said what I was thinking! Seriously, anytime I had a feeling i needed to say something it came right out in pretty good spanish and it was super cool! Even the teacher(member) who came in with us was a little surprised at how well that went! It was an amazing experience!
So yesterday we had the opportunity to be Host's for the new missionaries here on West Campus which is one of the reasons I wasn't able to host Brad! I was a little bummed but oh well! With only having less than 2 weeks left It was really cool to introduce the new missionaries to the MTC! It made me think back on my first day here and how lucky they were because they weren't thrown in a classroom from the get-go like we were! It also made me realize how much progress I have made being here only a month. Super crazy thought! I have learned more about the gospel and language here in 4 weeks than I ever could have in 3 months! I love being out on a mission! I honestly haven't had a hard time with anything just because I have learned to enjoy the good and the bad! Love you all! The Church is true! And if any of you are choosing on a mission or not! I would say its been the most amzing thing to experience ever... Absolutely Incredible!
I got my travel itinerary today! Head out on
4.21.14! Leave from the MTC at about 6;30am then from SLC to Atlanta at
11:09amand land at
4:45. then after we go to Buenos Aires on a 13 hour flight at like
9PM eastern time(I think) so about
7 pm here!
PS if you haven't heard of this thing called Dear Elder on the internet you can type up a message to me on the computer and they will put a letter in my mailbox and I will get an email of the letter too! You should start doing that! Its free and super easy!
Hasta Luego y Con Amor
Elder Gillett
No comments:
Post a Comment