But the work out here is very different from the work in the Islands. There is tons of work to be done...and Im super pumped!!! I almost dont even like P-Day cuz you cant get quite as much work done.. haha. But yeah.. this week Elder Hansen and I have been working so hard together. We found many new investigators and 5 of those investigators we found, now have a baptismal date. Please pray for Joseph, Victoria, Mirian, Florence and Joy. Its pretty crazy cuz there are tonsss of nigerians here. So Ive taught more english lessons here in this one week, as I have the entire mission... and let me tell ya... Im bad. I cant teach in english. hahaha! I have yet to meet the Branch President here because of General Conference, and he lives really far away. We have tried to set up a time to meet, but he just hasn't been able to. Im really really excited to get working with the members here in Fuenlabrada and create a close relationship with all of them. Im seriously loving Fuenlabrada so much. Its my first area that I dont feel like Im in a vacation spot.... and I like it. Its just a normal city, full of a bunch of people. No historical attractions. No beach 10 minutes away. No crazy carnavals or anything. Its awesome!! Im really excited, and I don't think I have ever felt so focused on the mission.
Okay, so we got to watch a few sessions of General Conference this week. That was awesome!! I LOVED Elder Hales talk about obedience. "The Savior lives, because He obeyed" So simple.... but so powerful. That one statement really impacted me. Sometimes we forget that the very first thing the Savior chose to do was OBEY. We wouldn't have resurrected if he didnt obey. We wouldnt be able to return to our Father, if he didnt obey. We would have no purpose here, if Jesus Christ wasnt obedient. I really loved that talk a lot! I really liked the talk by Sister Reeves as well. You could just feel her love and sincerity for every single family in the world. Also Elder Scotts talk about love. INCREDIBLE. And then Elder Oaks talk was one I will ALWAYS remember. It really impacted me as well. "There is no up or down in the service of the Lord, there is only forward and backward." No misisonary is higher than the other. No missionary is lower than the other. Every Preisthood holder, regardless aaronic or melquisedec is either moving forward or backward. Not up or down as they are asigned responsibilties. I think I could go through every talk, and just say I loved them all. hahaha. I got to see all the sessions, besides Sunday afternoon.
So we went to the temple to see some of the conference sessions in the stake center there, and I got to see Elder Franson, Elder Eskelson, and Elder Christensen again!!!!! let me tell you how happy that reunion was! Elder Hansen and I got to Conference late because we were in a lesson, and may or may not have gotten lost along the way, but we walked in late, and the second us 4 saw each other.... it was just crazy!!! I love those guys. It was so good to see them!
But things are going great here... absolutely amazing!!! Tons of funny experiences. Elder Hansen and I are always laughing and smiling together. Im loving being his companion. I have been so blessed with my companions. He is the District Leader, and is doing amazing. He is such an example to me of Leadership. Im way grateful for him. He was companions with Elder Ortiz as well! Just FYI. hahaha. But yeah, Im as happy as can be. Its amazing how everything can be 100% different, but as you are serving the Lord with all the faith and effort that you have, you will always be 100% happy. I have such a testimony of that. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know He knows me personally and is taking care of me. I know He walked a perfect life, and is greater than we even know. I love my Best Friend and Eternal Redeemer, Jesus Christ with all my heart.
Love you all so much.
Elder wEElson
No comments:
Post a Comment