Andrew's letter from last week. He responds to our visit to his mission without him knowing we were there until he read it in our next email to him. It was fun to see his area and to visit the visitors center. What a great mission!
Well, well, well! I cannot believe that you would do such a thing! You really drove through my area? Chinililis! Well it looks like you had a great time bumming around in my stomping grounds. How did you like the country club? Pretty nice right? What time were you there, in the morning or later? When i saw those photos I was laughing so hard! I cannot believe that you came here HAHA! Good thing I didn't see you here. Well, that is awesome that you had a great time here in my mission. I loved those pictures of the temple. They were so incredible. It is such an amazing place, and we are going to go to the templetomorrow!!!
Anyway, I have been having an incredible week. I truly have loved almost every moment this transfer with Elder Calhoun. We are working so hard and finding a lot of people. We literally have been finding on average, 1 person a day that is just so prepared to be baptized. We have been finding a ton of people, but none of them live in our area. We have not found any prepared people that live here, or some of them speak English so we have to transfer them over to the other missionaries. I am just happy that we have been guided by the spirit to the prepared people who will be baptized, even though we have to send their referral. We are still doing a lot of work and seeing a lot of success. We have noticed that the only way to have success is to be 100% obedient. We have been seeing the miracles day after day because we have been so obedient. We have found in the last week about 5 people total that would be a surprise if they didn't end up getting baptized. Too bad we can't teach them, but I don't care. We have been guided by the spirit time and time again and have found the most prepared people. We are harvesting all of the good fruit, but we have to give the fruit away, and I am getting pretty hungry. :)
Yesterday, we had another miracle story finding someone. On general conference Sunday we were street contacting in between sessions and we saw this old couple walking. We stop and talk to them and they kind of just walk away from us. We started walking with them and finally they opened up a little as we connected with them. They gave us their information, and said it was okay to come back. They really did not seem interested at all, so I was a little reluctant to go back, but Elder Wing said that he felt like we needed to go over there yesterday, so we did. We get there and only the husband is home. He lets us in and we start getting to know him. He is from El Salvador Santa Ana, and recently moved here! He misses his country a lot, and he said that he remembers seeing guys like us in El Salvador. we began sharing our message with him, and he accepted it all. He accepted the Book of Mormon and said that he was going to read it. He said, "I only accept this book because I will read it." He said that he would be baptized when he learns the Book of Mormon is true. He is so ready, and the best part is he actually lives in our area. We finally have someone to teach!!! We finally got a new investigator. I know that we were prompted to keep talking to them, even though they walked away from us. In fact they were on their way to mass. Is mass out? No but your hats on crooked! HaHa!
Anyway, I am so happy right now. Everything is just so good out here. I have been learning so much, and I just feel the spirit so strong. I have been just loving every moment out here. I still have a long way to go before I get to where the Lord wants me to be, but I know that if I continue on the path I am on I will get closer and closer every day. I love you so much! I am so grateful for all of you at home. I truly am grateful to have such an incredible family. It is the biggest blessing I could possibly have in my life. Love you!
Elder Anderson (the younger)


No comments:
Post a Comment