So this week was incredible. Even better than the last week! But also it was a very emotional week! hahaha. So the work is just booming out here in Fuenlabrada! The other elders should have a baptism coming up in about 2 weeks! And we should have about 3 investigators getting baptized the 17th of may. There names are Joy, Chiti, and Victor. They are all progressing SO well!
So I'll start out the week telling you about Victor. Victor is seriously the man. He is 20 years old, and already has a little daughter. He's from colombia and just the humblest most soft spoken guy Ive ever seen. We get along super well! He comes and plays soccer with us every week, and its weird... but soccer just like connects me with people. Its really weird, but its really awesome! He did have a date for the 4th of this coming month, but he needs a bit more time, so we moved him back 2 weeks. Well... this week, we starting meeting with his sister as well. Victors whole family is Jehovahs Witness and let me tell ya.... they just go hard.... all of the Jehovah Witness's. So we were teaching his sister and mom... and they just got talking about deep doctrine, and began like putting words in our mouths and it just didnt turn out good. Well.... After that lesson Victor failed us in a lesson, and then just didnt show up at church, when he promised he'd come. And wasnt answering his phone. So we thought his family had just told him all these lies about us.... so we pass by Sunday night, and is doing amazing! This whole week, he has still been reading the Book of Mormon, and had legit excuses for not coming. He said he didnt have any questions or doubts, so we dodged a bullet with that one!:) Please pray for him. He is doing incredible. And is progressing so well. We have such powerful lessons with him.
Later that day after the lesson with Victors sister and mom, we went and visited chiti. We stop by and begin talking with her, and she just breaks down crying. They dont have hot water, her husband is in Austria looking for work, and she is raising 4 little girls. Every morning she has to get up at 4am and boil water for her girls, so they can shower with warm water. The Crisis here in spain is crazy. Seeing people dig in dumpsters for food, is almost a daily experience. Seeing homeless people IS a daily experience. Almost NO ONE has work, and are just barly surviving. It is such a hard situation.
Were getting an awesome BBQ/Water Party planned for the Branch here in Fuenlabrada. They need it. The branch here is really struggling. There is SO much drama, and just no active preisthood holders. Its tough. So were hoping this will excite and unite them. I basically planned it all... hahahaha but its gonna be a BBQ with slip n slides, Water Balloon Vollleyball with the towels, music, free LDS DVD's, BOMs, etc, Ping Pong, and rely race things! hahaha. We already got invitations out, and are having everyone inviting their friends and family! Should be an aewsome activity! Were planning it in June.
So I have SO MANY funny stories about Nigerians. Dont let me forget to telll you guys when we call in like 2 weeks. Im just dying thinking about it. They are such incredible people. I am so thankful for them. So humble and loving. I have tons of funny experiences!
Zone Training is coming up this week!! Today for P day we went to Toledo! Look it up. Its way awesome. I almost bought a "Capitan Moroni" Sword, custom made for missionaries, but I just couldnt do it... maybe a little bit more down the road.
I love you guys so much. 1 request to you all. Read 3 things.
1) The Book of Mormon
2) Preach my Gospel (Doesnt matter if your going to serve a mission)
3) The Articles of Faith. I realized how I really dont even know all of them!
I love my Savior. That is my motivation. Thats my drive. I love my Savior more than anything.
I love you all!
Elder WeeLSON
No comments:
Post a Comment