Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 3 in ARG- Elder Gillett 5.11.14

I just read Bambi´s email to me.... Holy Cow! Thats the craziest thing that happened all week! Perfect with the Skype thing! I am excited for talking to you guys tonight too! :) Love you all! And holy crap! I just read Bree´s email for this week as well! Sounds like tons of stuff happened outside of Argentina and nothing much happened with me here!

Thanks for the email mom! It was really good and its funny that is where I am in the Book of Mormon right now too! I read that this week! Thats so crazy for Andrew and Shelby! Time goes by fast! Both Brad and Bree having major changes like that was crazy to hear because this week felt pretty normal! I am so excited for Brad! That is seriously the coolest thing to hear and he will have a lot more fun and an easier time learning Spanish! And we will be able to use it more! But thats sad about Bree too! I´m sure she is really bummed to have to end her mission but it sounds like she had some life changing experiences this week! Which is awesome for her! The Lord only needed her to serve for a couple months it sounds like! 

So this week honestly really nothing happened! We kept working and its been raining a lot here but we haven´t had much success with anything! Our investigators never answered the door or anything but We did get one new investigator named Joel who was an old investigator! His wife was baptized in the church and then they moved in together a few years later and she has been inactive ever since but the lesson went really good with them! This week we focused on all the menos activo(inactive) members! and it was really good because we got a lot of them to come back but it seems like everybody here is sick right now! Including me, my comp, and now the two other elders we are living with are starting to get it! uh oh! But I was the first to get it and it only lasted about 3 days so I am pretty much all better now! Just a really week flu virus or something! But yeah anyways we got a lot of the menos activo miembros back to church but there is still a lot more work we can do to get everyone coming weekly! There is still tons of families here who are super close to getting baptized but first they have to be married and it is not common to be married here in Argentina! So people have a hard time getting up and doing it which doesn´t help because then the people don´t have covenants that they can follow to help lead them to God! So we are still trying to figure out a way to motivate people to be married and support their families!  

Went and bought a ton of food today so I am excited to have food again because it always gets to the end of the week and we don´t have a ton to eat sometimes! but its all good! PS I got your letter you sent on the 21st of March i think is when it was! I got it about last week on tuesday so it doesn´t take too long to get here it seems like! Probably 4 or 5 weeks! And here in a bit we might go get a haircut and then play soccer and basketball at the church! The new Elder Martinez we are living with now reminds me of Colton a ton! Acts exactly like him but he plays basketball and is from El Salvador! Super cool Elder! He only has 3 or 4 months left on the mission and he is a super good example so its been nice to be living with him! 

Todo bien conmigo ahora! (all good with me right now) only my nose is a little stuffy sometimes but feel completely fine! I wore the Suit rain coat that I have and that works really well but I will be looking around for a cheap jacket that I can buy for the rain that is a little smaller cuz that jacket is huge and I don´t like ponchos! Cuz i look like a goober! haha There is lots of stores that are kinda like market style but there is a bunch that are like kohlers or something but tons smaller! No walmarts or anything close! At least in this part! I talked to Elder Martinez though and he has a ton of jerseys of soccer and basketball from here and he is going to try and help me get some like them because they are the fake ones and are super cheap! Only like 200 pesos! I didn´t bring my camera with me today since it has been raining really hard but next week I will bag the camera and bring it so its doesn´t get wet! Elder James Bavela from California! Pretty cool kid too! We get along pretty well! Don´t know a ton about him but I don´t recognize him from the MTC!

So we went to a inactive members house yesterday and we watched the BOCA juniors game yesterday which is the favorite team in Argentina! Then I talked to their dad about the NFL and everything! We didn´t have a ton of time but he is also an investgator of the chruch that they haven´t visited in a long time but we are going back on thursday to talk to him more! :) so that is exciting! Now hopefully we can find somebody in the ward to click with him so he feels welcomed to the ward! There is another husband as well of a member who is really active! and he owns a car shop and a bunch of motorcycles! We had lunch with him the other week and he had never wanted to have lunch until I came here and I hadn´t even met him yet but we had lunch with him and so I tried to talk to him about motorcycles and stuff to be his friend so we will probably visit him again this week if he will take discussions or talk to us! 

No DI that i know of but everything is usually pretty cheap here! I´ll probably give all my shirts and stuff away when I leave and only come home with jerseys and soccer balls and stuff! :)  Yeah we probably won´t be able to go in the streets (World Cup) if Argentina wins because of the parties! But we might go and visit some members and "teach" them during the games if you know what I mean! hahaha Thats crazy! RSL is doing amazing!
(Photo album of family, quads, riding, Razor, Sand Dunes, Mtns. etc.) I have been carrying them around and everything so it has been awesome because all the members think we are a cute family and everything! And they all say that I look like Ronaldo in my soccer pictures with my hair in the feuhawk! hahaha

I need to go! We are going to play soccer and stuff right now so i will talk to you more tonight! Love you! 

Les Quiero, Elder Gillett 

No comments:

Post a Comment