Andrew is still holding strong in the same area since he arrived in LA. He has been out for 7 months on Friday.
Familia!!!! Como les va?
Well, everything goes well here. We are working really hard and we are doing pretty well. We have had a few pretty good miracles recently. This last week was a little bit stressful though for a lot of reasons.
Precilla was very unsure about baptism, and she refused to accept a time to meet with us, so we could not find her. We had a plan to do an interview on Sunday, and President Weidman would do the interview for her baptism. We saw her at church and sat her down in another room so we could talk to her. The spirit was so strong. We fasted the day before that we would be able to have a powerful lesson with her at church. (She always goes to church without fail). We invited her again just to accept an interview to see if God thinks that she is ready for baptism. We literally did everything that we could to help her enter the waters of baptism this Sunday, but after all of our efforts she said she is not ready yet. I dont think I have ever put so much effort in for a single investigator. We literally spent all week trying to help her feel ready, but she kept denying us from seeing her. I finally developed something for her that I have never had with any other person on my mission. Pure Christlike love. I did everything that I could possibly do for her, and I have learned that when we serve others with our full effort we are blessed with the ability to love people as Christ does. I finally learned the importance of giving our full effort, all our heart, might, and strength with an eye single to the Glory of God. We gave it our all, and all we want is for Precilla and her daughter to be sealed in the temple for all of eternity and to have a fullness of joy. We can't take peoples agency. She is so ready, but she just does not feel ready because she allowed the adversary to put those doubts in her mind. We are not going to stop fighting for her, she will be baptized.
This week we got our transfer calls. Our district leader Elder Hamblin, one of my great friends, is now leaving to Hollywood to be a zone leader. I am going to stay here with Elder Calhoun (Wing is his real last name), and I am going to be District leader. I am so nervous, but at the same time I am so excited. I am pretty excited to stay here in the Santa Fe Springs west mission. haha. #Downey4life (Downey is the city that Andrew lives in) Looks like I still haven't learned what I am supposed to learn here. I am really excited to stay here, because we are going to have some baptisms coming up soon, I can feel it. I am really ready to take on another transfer here.
I love you so much. Thanks for all of your support. I am really grateful for everything that you continually do for me. Keep working hard. You are all doing so great at home. Taylor, I am so excited that you are a BOB now. You are going to love it there, and you will learn so much. I am so excited for you. Keaton, sorry bro, I hope you get better soon. I love you so much, keep working hard in soccer. YOU'RE THE BEST! Jacob, you are incredible, just keep improving your talents. Dad, keep us afloat! I am so grateful to have such a hardworking, priesthood man as my father. Mom, you ROCK! Thank you for always being such a great support to us, it means a lot to me. Alex buenas suerte con la cirugia. Que Dios te cuide y bendiga. Felicidades con el trabajo. ?Cuando vas a encontrar una esposa?
Elder Anderson (the younger)
Doing a little service and improving his area. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment