Man its really hard not greeting in spanish... hahaha. I never really know what to say! haha
But wow this week was amazing!! Im loving Fuenlabrada more and more. It is such an amazing area, with so many prapared people here. And im really enjoying my time with Elder Hansen. He is an incredible missionary. Im so grateful to be his companion. He is such a great district leader, and is doing such an amazing job. I cant even beleive the first transfer is already almost over. I could easily be here for another 6 months , Im so dang happy, and the work is going great!
So this week we had the Leadership Council in the mission home. That was so amazing, and so humbling! I loved it so much. The Assistants and President prapared such a great meeting. It was amazing to see all the missionaries there. They are all just amazing. I look up to them so much. It was really good to meet all of them, and learn so much from them. It was basically a long meeting with all of us missionaries putting in our imput and sharing ideas and stuff like that. It was awesome! We got there early in the morning, started the meeting, had a little snack break, started the meeting back up and then finished by eating the famous food of Hermana Jackson. Wow does she cook amazing. We had burritos... cafe rio style! So awesome!! I was so grateful to be there, and to just learn from everyone.
This week we also had our Zone Training meeting. It turned out super super good. We focused a lot on the Book of Mormon, and the Atonement. It was a very very powerful meeting. Everyone said they really loved the meeting. Its crazy how you have like less then 3 hours to plan for that meeting. Im also super grateful for the other Zone Leader here in the zone, Elder Saquicela. He goes home in a month and a half... one more transfer, and has been helping me so much. I feel like Im just calling him, and asking for advice every day.. just soaking up his knowledge and passion for the work. Its been a great experience this week with all these things happening.
This week we had such a miracle! We were out contacting in the streets, on the way to a lesson, and we stopped this guy. His name is Juanfran and is from Spain. We asked him if he had some time right now, and he said of course! So we went and looked for a park and sat down with him. We taught him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he commited to come to church the next day. Well right after him, we went to visit a member, and tell her happy birthday! Right as we were about to leave the house (this is like 30 minutes after the lesson with Juanfran) we get a call from him. He says "Elder. I didnt have anything to do, so im here looking for the church, but I cant find it.. can you come show me it? " so of course we ran to the church and gave him a tour! He loved the church, and ended up coming to church the next day. He is doing so great, and is really progressing well. Just that experience alone gives me the desire to talk to every single person that crosses our path.... and as well make sure that we cross there path as well. hahaha. You never ever know when you are just going to find that one prepared person. Please pray for juanfran.
Victor is progressing really well too... but he just wont come to church. He always says hes going to come, and seems really excited... but flakes out at the very last minute... if he comes to church, he will be baptized!
Lately.. i dont know what it is... but I have just felt so grateful for everything. Grateful for you guys. Grateful for my time I had in La Laguna. Grateful for the chance to be here in Fuenlabrada. Grateful to serve a mission. Even grateful for the trials that we are having. I just lay down in bed every night and cant help but to smile, just for how much I have been and am being blessed. I truly am so blessed. I love you guys so much. I feel like my eyes have just been opened to the importance of gratitude. Thank you guys for everything. I cant even begin to describe how happy I am, and how hard im working working out here. I guess we'll just wait and see each other on MOTHERS DAY! I love you mom! SEE you on sunday!:)
Like always,
With much love,
And a crazy spanish accent,
Elder weelson
(more missionaries call me elder wEElson than elder wilson) hahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment