I had some super cool experiences this past week too! So first off we haven´t had much success in getting new investigators in awhile in this area I guess but lately the past week or so we have got like 3 or 4 and they all are already super strong and on the right track!
I have been praying for help to work harder, to do what we need to when we need to, to find the people we need to and everyone of my wishes has come true.. Its absoultely crazy the blessings I have received and how much more intensified they are when I am actually in the mission field and doing exactly what we need to be doing!
But on this last Tuesday it was a holiday in Argentina so all the families were out cooking asado´s (steak) and hanging out drinking beer and everything. And we really weren´t having much success walking around and talking to people or anything.. But we started walking past this family and I had the impression to go talk to them.. but i ignored.. then 2 steps later I had the impression again... hahah it probably took me 3 or 4 tries before I was like FINE haha I will go talk to them (of course in a more spiritual way but thats basically how it went) so we went up to her and I said Hola! Somos missioneros de las iglesia de jesucristo. y queremos compartir un mensaje sobre el si podemos. which means We are missionaries and if we can want to share a message with you! She said I know who you are! I was baptized in your church when I was younger and living with my Aunt! Turns out she was a member of the ward that we had no idea about and had been inactive for years! So we taught her a lesson and she invited us back again soon so we are going to visit sometime this week! Crazy cool experience!
I think I told you about our new investigator named Martha who we taught the lesson of the restoration to and she was very accepting of it! Didn´t have any questions about it or anything and really enjoyed listening. so to start the other story with martha we first went and taught a man named Ruben who lives decently close to Martha. We got to his house, he welcomed us in and gave us the 2 chairs he had while he stood... even when we insisted for him to sit because he only was just getting better from some health problems. but he made us sit! haha so we taught him about the gospel of jesus christ! He was really interested especially since he was baptized in a church that made him dress in all white and fully submerged him in the water for baptism and he said didn´t feel any thing during or after the baptism... Sounds kinda like the way that we baptize doesn´t it??? hahaha well thats what we were thinking when he said that but luckily it wasn´t our church... hahah that was a scary couple of seconds.
But anyways he was really interested and wants us to continue teaching! We invited him to be baptized and he said I will have to think about it! And he wants to know that we have the proper authority to baptize and that he is doing this for a purpose! so we told him we will come back!
As we left the lesson with Ruben(Sunday night) I had another feeling that I had been having since I woke up Sunday. We needed to go teach Martha. So I told Elder Santos this and we were actually really close so we went to her house! When we got there she was outside with a bunch of family so at first we weren´t sure if we would be welcomed but I said "Hola!" to her and she welcomed us into her front yard with her cousin and what we thought was her Son or daughter and a couple with 2 kids. So we sat down and she explained to them a little bit about who we are to her family for us which was cool to hear! and then we taught about the plan of salvation! Everybody was super involved and the lesson went really well! The couple lives far away so we are trying to find out where and if its in our mission to give the names to other missionaries but her cousin lives close and visits often so this week we have 2 appointments with Martha! One thursday with just her and then one saturday with her and her cousin so she is progressing really well and I would not be surprised if she accepted a date to be baptized here soon in the future if they continue this easily! Anyways super cool week!
Love you all and I pray for you all the time! Read the Book of Mormon! There are some amazing answers and stories in there that are super relatable to everybody and anybody in every different situation! and the Doctrine and Covenants is pretty cool too! Chapter 129 in there was interesting to read after us as missionaries had a discussion about it!
Elder Denis was just on a mini mission which is why he was serving so close to home so he left this morning and Elder De Loayaza left as well to be a zone leader so until tomorrow it is just me and elder santos in our apartment! And then we get another companionship! One is one of the presidents assistants that I met that was really cool and the other is a new missionary from the MTC in provo! a new Junkie! haha until next week! I am out of time right now! About to send a few more pictures! Not sure about mothers day yet but I am sure we will hear soon! I wouldn´t be surprised if we got to skype or something since we have the cameras to do that here at the computer place!
Love you! Elder Gillett
No comments:
Post a Comment