Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jarrett Weekly Letter 5.25.2014

Dear family and friends

I want to start off with Machida Kun so you know how the lesson went this last Sunday and how he got depressed over coffee and tea. Well we got a email from him on Tuesday and he basically said he wants to stop meeting with us. And basically said that he can't get baptized because he can't stop drinking. We are like bro come on!! You  haven't even tried stopping!! So we emailed him back and said we would still love to meet and talk and just hang out and stuff like that. But no reply as of now. 
 
Because of him dropping our numbers this week have honestly been struggling! One night I just wanted to cry it was so hard. We were only able to teach two lessons this week and that is just terrible... It is hard... It isn't fun when you teach someone on the streets or in front of their house and then at the end they say they are not interested it is just heart breaking. I just want to see- these people come closer to our God our Loving Heavenly Father. Like it stinks not seeing success but the worse is seeing them not giving this gospel a try. It is the mission life, and that is why I am here. Because I know the Lord has prepared people for me to teach, and they need to hear the gospel from me. 

I have been able to get to know this guy in our ward Brother Baker. He is American. But he is the sickest guy ever. He is from St. George, and we were able to talk a lot this last Sunday. And we have a lot of the same interests. He lives here with his Japanese wife and has some really cute kids, he served in Tokyo on his mission. It is really nice getting to know the members, I finally had time to get to know some more of them today which was nice. I haven't been able to meet and talk with a lot of them because we have had Machida kun come every Sunday and we would basically teach him right after church. I really love this ward and this area, so I hope I stay here for awhile.

Well that is about all for the week!!

Love, Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment