Yeah it is really sad to see the health problems here! And a lot of it is with stuff that if they were in the United States they could have had it fixed when they were born or when it happened but now they are paralyzed in some way because of it and stuff! So it doesn´t surprise me about the girl who couldn´t talk here! (Madi is to give a youth talk in Sacrament this coming Sunday & she chose a GC talk about a young Buenos Aires, Argentina girl who couldn't speak, so she drew her testimony for Sister Wixom of Jesus Christ kneeling in the Garden of Gethsemane) talks are fun! She will do an awesome job! I gave a talk in spanish like the 2nd or 3rd week I was here though so it actually came out a lot better than I thought! but yeah!
Sorry I don´t have a ton of time and its hard to think of what happened sometimes! Yeah that part of the BOM has been scary for me to think too! I haven´t since she is on the mission (Paige) but i will try and email her! I am pumped for Brad! He will love Peru! I don´t like spicy food that much either but the food some of the peruvian missioanries make us is really really good!
Sooooooo for this week we had a lot of success! Seriously! Not with people we had taught with before like Ruben and Guillermo! We weren´t able to visit those too! But we are hoping to sometime early this week! We found 4 new investigators this week! Which is really good especially since we usually get only 1 or 2 a week!
Primero! There was Jose and Nelli! They are a really old couple that live together in a really poor area of our mission and we walk past their house a lot and almost always Jose is outside sitting in his wheel chair (he had a stroke and the right side of his body is paralyzed but he is starting to get feeling and being able to walk little by little!) But yeah anyways we always go and talk to him and stuff and he is super nice and funny but is super hard to understand because he cant even use all of his tongue to pronounce the words he is trying to say! Then we saw Nelli sitting and looking out her window one time so we went up and talked to her too and told us a little bit about us and she invited us over another time and we taught them both about the plan of salvation! They were super touched you could tell and they offered the prayer to finish the lesson and everything! IT was super awesome! And after they accepted a baptismal date after for the 28th of June so hopefully we can get them prepared in time!
And then also this week we taught a friend of one of the ward members and his nickname is Hueso (which means bone) no idea why he is named that but everyone knows him by that! He is a stud! Likes soccer, motorcycles, and cars. Sounds a little bit like someone you know right ;) hahah me but yeah we talked about all that for awhile and then we taught him about the restoration of the gospel! He doesn´t understand a lot of the words but he really likes what we do have to say so we will see how it goes with him here soon this next week!
Then this next week coming up is transfers already! Elder Santos has been here in this area for 5 months already so odds are is he willing be headed to somewhere else after this week! But we will see! WE are actually getting along a lot better now too so it will be a little tough to leave him because he helped a ton with spanish! But yeah also if he leaves I will have to lead my area already and I am only 6 weeks in! Pretty crazy! hahah anyways!
I love you all so much! Thanks for the emails and everything! It tops the week off every monday when I get on and have 20 to 30 emails from you all!
And then also this week we taught a friend of one of the ward members and his nickname is Hueso (which means bone) no idea why he is named that but everyone knows him by that! He is a stud! Likes soccer, motorcycles, and cars. Sounds a little bit like someone you know right ;) hahah me but yeah we talked about all that for awhile and then we taught him about the restoration of the gospel! He doesn´t understand a lot of the words but he really likes what we do have to say so we will see how it goes with him here soon this next week!
Then this next week coming up is transfers already! Elder Santos has been here in this area for 5 months already so odds are is he willing be headed to somewhere else after this week! But we will see! WE are actually getting along a lot better now too so it will be a little tough to leave him because he helped a ton with spanish! But yeah also if he leaves I will have to lead my area already and I am only 6 weeks in! Pretty crazy! hahah anyways!
I love you all so much! Thanks for the emails and everything! It tops the week off every monday when I get on and have 20 to 30 emails from you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment