Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hey

Hey Family!

What an incredible week this week... just like every other week! haha! Except this week was better... just like every other week! hahahaha... but seriously. Its incredible how happy I am here.  The Canary Islands are incredible... but more than anything the people here are the best.  I know I talk about this every single week, but its incredible how much I have seen the ward progress, and the love all the members have here.  I love La Laguna!!!

So yeah, Luis's baptism went incredible! But get this... Pablo is going to get Baptized this Saturday!!... and... Luis is going to recieve the Aaronic Preisthood and baptize him!!!!! How awesome is that?? That is going to be the most incredible baptism ever.  Seeing his dad just receive the preisthoood that week, and baptize him that very week! It will be such a beautiful service, and we are so excited to finally have this whole family together as members, and take this saving covenant into their lives! We have been spending a lot of time with Pablo this week! I think we saw him every single day! Today he came and played some basketball with us, and it was a blast.  He's actually really good.  He dribbles between the legs and everything.. haha! So I'll keep you posted on that!

Mom, this week in studies I had an awesome experience! I was reading Alma 2: 29-31 and totally thought about you and the experience you had with Aubs and basketball.  This is about Alma fighting against Amlici (not sure if thats his name in english... I forgot...haha) and he begins losing, and is about to be killed, but has he is fighting he pleads to the Lord in prayer saying something along the lines of "have mercy on my and save my life, so I can be an instrament in your hands and save these people!" and the Lord gave him the strength and Alma ended up killing Amlici. From your experience mom, I believe that if Alma would have only pleaded "save me! have mercy!" the Lord would have left it up to Almas own strength... but he did what you did.  He offered something! He told the Lord he would be an instrament in His hands.  And THEN he had the strength to kill Amlici.  God is a God of Covenants.  We must do our part, and offer something to the Lord.  Sacrafice something.  I know for asurety that when we sacrifice and make covenants with our Heavanly Father, he always will bless us! but we must DO something!

This week, has been one of the weeks where I've ever learned the most.  Not because it was the hardest week ever, but just because I really am starting to apply things that I am learned.  For the past little bit, Elder Franson/Wells and I have been teaching a crazy amount of lessons, basically just full all day of lessons.... but no one was progressing or keeping comitments much.  Numbers wise, we were doing INCREDIBLE... and working so hard.  But lately I had been thinking a lot, and knew that we needed to drop those investigators to have more time to find others... It was just hard to do it.... I was being way too prideful.  So I have had that on my mind tons, and praying a lot to know what to do... well this week we had Zone Training and the Zone Leaders talked a ton about the improtance of dropping investigators that are never keeping their commitments.  That very day Elder Wells and I dropped almost all of our investigators... and it was such an answer to my prayers.  We applied what we learned in that meeting, and as well of what we have been learning in Preach my Gospel and wow have we been blessed! This week we still taught TONS, but taught different, more progressing investigators.  It was incredible.  The Lord has just been waiting for us to apply what we were learning and feeling, and he directly blessed us.  I have learned so much, and it has been such a humbling week, to know really how inspired Preach my Gospel is, as well as our leaders.  Elder Wells has especially taught me to trust in the promises of Preach my Gospel.  That guy is such a stud.

I am so incredibly happy family! Thank you for all the love and support you guys always give me.  I love you guys more than you even know.  Thanks for always bein that for me, and makin me so happy with your emails and letters.  They are greatly appreciated.  To be humble is to be powerful. Meekness is power.  Its incredible how the world sees it the exactly opposite way- as meekness is weakness.  Meekness through our Savior, Jesus Christ really does give us the power we need as set apart missionaries.  

The District is doing great!   The district I'm in is incredible and I feel extremly blessed to be in this district.  This week I went on exchanges with Elder Bohne.  I'll just say were destined to be companions one day.  I love that guy so much!!!

Love  ya'llll tons!

Elder Weeeelson

*ps- Im workin super hard on picking up the Canarian accent... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment