Well..............we had the most amazing week ever with the Solis Family!!!!!! But to start off I wanna talk about some of the other moments that happened. We were able to find some new investigators this past week and most of the lessons went pretty well but in one of the lessons we went and visited a evangelical lady and I made the mistake of inviting her to say the closing prayer haha and so what happened as a result of this is we all kneeled down on the ground and held hands and she yelled the prayer while her husband chanted. Its safe to say that we are going to go over how we should pray the next lesson that we have with them haha but it was honestly one of the strangest prayers ive ever been a part of. I went on mini divisions with Elder Harris this past week to do some tasks and we were walking in the street and a man walked up to us and asked us if our church helped marry people and we said yes and then he told us "oh great because my boyfriend and I want to get married". pretty much Elder Harris and I were stunned out of our socks haha but we recovered enough to tell him that we believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and we invited him to come to church. Super funny experience haha. now onto the important things that happened this past week.....
Friday morning we had the wedding of Marcella and Oscar!!! I lent my pants and suit to Oscar and so he looked super good and Marcella looked spectacular and it was great to be able to join the family together. We made a cake for them and so we ate that after and we ate choripan and empanadas and then the happiness didnt stop there because the very next day we were able to have their baptism! This was an absolute miracle because Oscar had work and he didnt think that he could get work off but by a miracle he found a new job and was able to leave for Goya and so we brought the whole family to Goya and had their baptism along with three other people from the area of the zone leaders. Elder Castillo baptized Marcella and I got to baptize Oscar and the only thing that didnt go smoothly is that the water was ice cold because the heater wasnt working haha but besides that the baptism went so well! They had their confirmation
on Sunday in Lavalle and that was super cool to do and we had all three melchizedek priesthood holders (Hermano calarco and the missionaries haha) participate in it. This family is honestly such amazing people and they are already excited to go to the temple and so we are working on that with them and helping Oscar prepare to recieve the Aaronic priesthood. This past week we worked hard with the less active members in the group because there are a lot and we really need to work to get the attendance up with the group and so we went by and we felt like we should share Mosiah
2:41 with them and it talks about how blessed is the state of those who keep the commandments of God and that they are blessed both spiritually and temporally and we didnt do it so much to drop the cane on them but to help them see that they really can recieve so many blessings if they can keep the commandments and make it an effort to attend church every
sunday. Yesterday I think I might have gotten Dengue haha so im feeling a little bit woozy right now and im getting the stuff I need to feel better but I hope that this wont affect the work this week but I know that the Lord can strengthen me and that I can work through it. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers and for the inspiration that you are for me. I hope that you all have such a fantastic last week of March and that you are enjoying the warmer weather of spring
Love
Elder Morrin (Ryan)
No comments:
Post a Comment